<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Da BeezNeez

"Playing away..."

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Mundane



5:00 - Wake up (Snooze...you know they say it's bad to hit the snooze button?)
5:10 - Wake up again
5:12 - Walk Cash
5:30 - Wash up
6:00 - Leave for Train Station
6:17 - Train comes
6:45 - Arrive at 1st St SW
6:55 - Arrive at work

Everything is the same.....it's so monotonous. Even the traffic lights are the same. I get off the train and the traffic signal that goes across the train tracks just turned red so I walk straight. I'm always kinda wishing that something interesting would happen. Maybe one day someone will do something stupid and run across the street when a car is coming and then I can jump out and pull them back.

I did listen some excellent sermons on hillsongs tv the other day (something I also do at work often). The series was called "Use What is in your hand" and it really was quite true. The pastor (Brian Houston....father of Joel Houston) was talking about how God gave you gifts and so you should be using it. Often people ask and seek God to see what He has in store for them, but what they don't realize is that it could be RIGHT THERE in front of them. If God has given you a talent, you should use it for God, not brush it off. The pastor gave a great example of how a famous rugby player decided to quit rugby and go into the ministry because he thought he would have a bigger impact doing that, but in reality he had more of a pull being a rugby player because he was good at it and he had tons of fans....anyways...I'm probably not giving the sermon justice so you should check it out yourself. It's a 4-part series.
http://www.hillsong.com/tv/bin/view.pl?sitename=tv&page=streaming.

"The talent that you possess are God given gifts so USE IT!"

In other news, I borrowed a laptop from work for my upcoming trip. It should be interesting. My first chem clean...hahaha. I really hope I don't have to work nights though, and I really hope I don't have to stay until Thursday.

Currently listening to:

Switchfoot
"Nothing is Sound"

(does anyone know how to automatically load the "currently listening to" thing in blogger?? Or is that only for xanga people?)


Archives