<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Da BeezNeez

"Playing away..."

Monday, January 30, 2006

Breakforth!


Wow...this weekend was AWESOME.
It felt like we were in Edmonton for a week, but it was only a couple of days. Although I was tired, it was still very refreshing and just plain AWESOME. Here are some of the highlights.

Day 1 (Friday Night)
The speaker was Ken Davis. Ohh man...he's so hilarious. I almost stopped breathing it was that funny. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time, but it was also refreshing because it was good clean humor. Listen to this... There's 2 clips. The second clip is a story he used at Breakforth...hahaha still laughing.

Day 2 (Saturday)
I went to a youth workshop and guess who was teaching it?? Yup, that's right...it was Ron Powell, our summer camp speaker for 2005. It was so nice to see him again. He had really good points and I learned a lot. Afterwards I had a talk witth him, and he might be coming to Calgary to do something at Tehila, so we'll see if we can arrange something for him to come to YAC....that would be awesome.

The next workshop for me was "Losing Yourself in Jesus" and guess who was teaching that?? It was Darrell Evans. He's one of the first christian artists that I listened to and by listening to his music, it made me want to play the guitar. So to see him and to hear him speak was just amazing. He's such a down to earth, cool guy too. He doesn't carry himself as this fantastic musician that is above everyone else, but he's the kind of guy who you can just walk up to and joke with. He's really funny too.

Then there was the evening service which worship was led by Twyla Paris. She's definitely an old school artist. She was big back in the Michael W Smith and Amy Grant days. Her worship reminded me of Johnny and Paul Kong, and she had this amazing violinist, which totally brought the worship to a different level....I wish I could have recorded it....hehehe....then I can play it for Jenny and say...."I want you to learn this" hahaha :)

After service was the Darrell Evans Concert. Imaging having "Trading My Sorrows" as one of your favorite songs of all time and then having the person who made that song lead in worship. It was sooooooo cool. He sang his other songs like "Freedom", "Your Love is Extravagent", and other ones. Hearing those songs reminded me of riding in Sam's car and having everyone singing wildly and the spontaneous singing of "Where the Spirit of the Lord is...THERE IS FREEDOM"...hahaha....good times...good times.

Day 3 (Sunday)
There's nothing like starting a Sunday morning than having an intimate worship cafe with Tim Hughes. There's just one word to describe it.....UNBELIEVABLE. His worship leading is definitely something to be experienced.

I have more highlights, but I'll save them for another time. All in all, I learned a lot this weekend, and I definitely know what I want to teach in YAC too.

Archives