<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Da BeezNeez

"Playing away..."

Friday, February 24, 2006

Mental Note...

Don't go shopping when you are hungry....hahahaha...oh man. I was going to buy so much stuff because I was soooooo hungry. My basket was full; I almost grabbed another basket, and then my self control kicked in and I put back everything and only grabbed what I needed.

I made some interesting chow mein yesterday. I didn't know if I had the noodles for making chow mein and so I just used gong jai mein...hahaha...it worked. My chow mein had beef and a mix of vegetables from that mix salad bag you can buy at grocery stores...hahaha. To top it all off, I cooked it with some teriyaki sauce. It was good...at least good enough for me.

I think I have this weird sixth sense when it comes to the kitchen. I can easily make stuff and it's not too difficult and it tastes alright.

Examples:
1. Prime Rib - When I cooked the prime rib, I had absolutely no idea how to cook it, but it turned out alright. It wasn't dry, and it had some taste to it. I wanted it medium rare, but it turned out to be medium....meh....what can you do. Granted most of the prime rib taste is from the gravy so just as long as you have gravy, IT'S ALL GOOD!

2. Chow Mein - I didn't really know how to prepare the mein because you have to cook it first, but make sure you don't over cook it so it is soft. The key is to put the mein in boiling water for 2-3 mins and then take it out and strain it under cold water...and then when you are finished cooking the rest (meat, vegetables) throw your noodles in the pan and add a little bit of oil and stir.

I should start a restaurant....it will be called:

"Leo's House of Not So Delicious, but Still Good Food"
in Chinese it will be called "Tow Tong"

hahaha....did everybody understand the Chinese?

P.S. I've changed something in my blog, who knows what it is??

Archives