<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Da BeezNeez

"Playing away..."

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Long Day

WHOA!! Yesterday I packed my day with as much events as possible.

Yesterday, I went to work and then after work I got my hair cut.

At the barbers, I saw Anthony Quan (Les Quan's brother). I don't think he recognized me so I didn't say hi...haha. He had short hair already and I don't know why he was getting a haircut, but the barber cutting my hair was jokingly telling the other barber to shave his head because his hair was already short. I think they thought that he doesn't understand chinese...but I'm pretty sure he does. He had this look after they said it....I smirked..hahaha.

After the barber, I went home, walked my dog, and went straight to the Lake for some skating. With whom did I go skating with?? Nobody...I skated by myself. It was my first time skating on the lake in a long time. I took my hockey stick with me too for practice, but I didn't have a puck so I just used ice chunks as my puck. I skated for 1+ hours straight. No stopping, just skating...haha. While there, I saw these 3 girls and this 1 guy playing hockey. There was 1 girl who was really good. She was weaving the puck in and out and stick handling and everything. If only I could do that. Seeing her motivated me to learn how to hockey stop...

So I went to the darkest portion of the lake where no one could see me. I prepared myself mentally and started to breathe...in...out...in...out. Then I pushed off, building my speed with each stride I took, and then with one last push I forgot my inhibitions and turned a sharp 90°. My skates scraped on the ice and cut in and wooosh.....I went flying. I landed on my side in moderate pain, but I quickly got up and looked around to see if anyone witnessed my amazing acrobatic skills. Pheew...no one was around, but I wouldn't doubt people in their houses laughing hysterically at my misfortunes. I did this about 5 times, each with the same result, but then I finally got the hang of it...sort of.

Now, my legs are sore, my back aches, but at least I can stop...kinda. Hahahaha. That's Da Kine!

Archives