<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Da BeezNeez

"Playing away..."

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

3 days of intensity!

....and the soreness continues....

It all started on Saturday when my friend called me to see if I wanted to play squash. It's been like a year since I've played squash and he's been playing on and off and so he totally killed me in the first game. I wasn't satisfied with my playing and so we kept on playing. Gradually, my hand eye coordination got better and I finally beat him, but it took like 2-3 hours of playing.

The next day, I woke up and all I can say is..."ouch". My arm started to hurt and my hamstrings were huting and in pain. Then after service, we went to play football with everyone. OHh man....did I ever do a lot of running. I didn't want to run, but I always end up running because the adrenaline kicks in and it doesn't hurt. I think we played for a long time on Sunday too.

I woke up on Monday and I could barely walk. Both my legs were hurting from my hips to my toes. It literally took me 3 minutes to get from my room to the bathroom, and then I thought, "Ohh man, how am I going to play football tonight". Tonight was the first game in our city rec league. I was literally walking like I had bars attached to my knees to keep it from bending. Even my co-workers made fun of me. Later on that night, the game started. My muscles felt really tight and super sore, but I had to play.....this one was for the team. For the WIN. As soon as I stepped on to the field and the first ball was thrown, the adrenaline kicked in...hahaha....no more pain, and so I ran......and ran.....and ran. I was tired. We beat our first team pretty good, and we tied our second team (which kinda sucks, but meh...ohh well - we were really tired).
As an added bonus, I got an interception and was assaulted by the same guy 3 times! hahaha.

Afterwards, we went to BP's and it started to hurt again.....

....it was really tough getting up this morning....

Archives