<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Da BeezNeez

"Playing away..."

Friday, April 07, 2006

Do you ever feel...

that God's trying to tell you something??

I think God is trying to tell me something, but my mind is just so cluttered with crap that it's just not getting through.

These past couple of months have been really really hard. I've stopped going to prayer because of my weekend class, and I think that has hit me a lot. I miss prayer. That time for me was the time where I could reflect and thank God for the week. I know I can pray at home and all that, but there was just something about that time on Saturday mornings. There was a peace to that time. Whenever I had exams, busyness, stress, I would go to prayer and all of that would just disappear.

God has given me a vision, a dream, but I know that if I try to do it myself, it's going to FAIL. It's kinda funny because He's been revealing it to me a little at a time. Until now, I didn't really know what God has been trying to tell me because it's been happening in pieces.....now I'm just waiting for confirmation. So I'm not going to tell you what the dream is. Please pray for me...I dunno about what, but just pray for me. God, I pray that if it is your plan, that you would reveal it to others as well.

I read a good quote the other day from Mike Pilavachi. For those of you who don't know, he started Sould Survivor and he's the pastor of Tim Hughes and Matt Redman

He was asked this question:
"What advice would you give to a local church in terms of winning and keeping its 15s to 30s?"

This was his response: (You have to read it with an English accent...it's so much better! hahaha)
"One of the things the church has got to do if we’re to reach young people is that we mustn’t own them anymore. I love the story of Hannah, when she made a promise at the beginning of 1 Samuel, when she was barren, and said, ‘Lord if you would grant me a son, then I will give him back to you. I will present him in the temple; I will not keep him for myself.’ We know they belong to God and we will release them from trying to be pew-fillers.

Others need confidence that the young generation are not a different species, they’re just a younger version of them, and actually love transcends cultures. Some of the best youth leaders I’ve known have been people with white hair who just love the young people. We also need a passion to go and find them where they are, get beside them, care for them and to be genuine. It’s more important to be authentic than it is to be relevant."


You can read the whole article here:

God is stirring something in our church. Since Rev. Payne's sermon I think something BIG is happening...we need to keep on praying, seeking and asking.

ROCK ON PEEPS!! BE BLESSED!!

Read 1 Samuel and then read John 15, 16 and 17. Tell me what you think.

A verse that got me thinking...
John 15:9-17
9 "As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. 10 If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 11 I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. 12 My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. 13 Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I command. 15 I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. 16 You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit—fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. 17 This is my command: Love each other.

United "From the Inside Out"


Archives