<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Da BeezNeez

"Playing away..."

Monday, April 10, 2006

Powellfull Weekend....

hehehe....I love puns...

What a great weekend. It was really good seeing Rev Powell again. He's so cool and he totally understands the youth too, which makes him even more cooler! hahaha

I actually thought it would be a very tiring weekend. On top of the church stuff, I had to run back and forth from school and finish group projects. The church part definitely wasn't tiring, but the school kinda was...hahaha.

The rally on Saturday night was awesome. I really didn't know what to expect. Last time we had a rally, I don't recall having that many youth in the congregation, but on Saturday it was awesome. I think they said something like 170-180 people were there....sweet! It was so much fun playing and worshipping with Jay, Richie, Caleb, and Sarah. It's probably because we aren't too technical, we just love playing...hahaha. Everyone loved Rev. Powell too which is totally awesome. I wondered how the other churches would react because we have this stereotype of being "Pentecostal", but they really enjoyed it...even though it wasn't really "Pentecostal". It was funny watching our youth jump and only a certain select crowd of people. So from where I was standing it was the entire right side with a couple of heads bobbing up and down over in the center and left rows...hahaha.

Sunday was good too. I don't know when the last time we had an alter call was, but it definitely was the time because 2 people got saved. Sweet! Now we just have to disciple them and mentor them and make sure they stay in the church. I'm excited for our church. It seems like God is really starting to move. I can't wait till I'm done school and then I can go to prayer. They started a Sunday evening prayer meeting, which I'm kinda thinking about going to. I wish they would have put it in the middle of the week though because if I go to the Saturday prayer as well as the Sunday prayer...that's a lot of prayer for the weekend. Not that it's bad or anything, but I just think that prayer time in the middle of the week is better.

I should start a prayer meeting in the middle of the week to compete with the Sunday night one! :) hahahaha

Another good song on the United album is "The Stand"

Here's the chorus:

So I’ll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the One who gave it all
I’ll stand
My soul Lord to You surrendered
All I am is Yours

I pray God that this will be the cry of YAC and the church of CPC.

Have a great week guys!!

Archives