<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Da BeezNeez

"Playing away..."

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

YC was...

AWESOME!

I think this year was completely different from last year just because there was different people, but it was great!

The highlight for me was Chris Tomlin's worship. It was really relaxed and free and just super good. I didn't really expect that from him, but God was totally there. I think he is a person that you have to see live because you just don't get the same effect when you listen to his CD's.

Miles Mcpherson was a pretty good speaker. He relates really well with youth and new believers, but I think I like Mike Pilavachi better....he really made you think in his sermons. Tree63's best worship set was on Sunday, that's when they played most of their better songs...hahaha, but like Milton said, they were pretty repetitive. I don't know if we are all just United fans, but there's nothing that can beat United worship leading.

Hawk Nelson has definitely gotten better. They just had a better concert in general. That's probably because they were actually in a concert hall instead of being the Sportex.

I bought a touque from Riley Armstrong booth, and when I purchased it, I looked at the name tag of the person selling to me and it was RILEY ARMSTRONG!! I was like....whoa!! What happened to your dreads?? And then I told him about how I remember him having a concert at the U of C a long time ago and it was only $5 and how he was the best "one man band in the land".

The Newsboys was really good too. The whole time, I just wanted to hear Breakfast, but they didn't play it, and the show was over. I was like...aww man....everyone was screaming and it lasted for like 5 mins and then the encore came. The famous guitar riff played, and then I heard, "Hold the milk, put back the sugar..." I was SCREAMING!! IT WAS AWESOME!! (arrrg....I'm trying to find a mp3 of the song right now, but I can't find one....UPDATE: THANKS JEN - High 5!)

The Newsboys "Breakfast"



Does the Newsboys' Lead singer, Peter Furler, look familiar to anyone??

On the right, is Peter Furler from The Newsboys, and on the left is Imhotep from The Mummy! Hahahaha....I thought they look really familiar especially the facial expressions from Peter Furler...hahaha.

I wished I remembered to bring my camera....now I don't have pictures of anything....bah! Next year....next year. Although I think I have to retire my car from driving because I don't think it can last!


Archives